Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UGH What should I eat??

I try and eat healthfully, although God knows I’m not always successful at it. It’s awfully tempting to dive face-first into my favorite junk foods at the end of a long, stressful day, especially when the kids have been performing Tantrum Relay Races for hours on end. (The 6 year old is screaming because the 8 year old touched his blankie! Now the 8 y.o. is screaming because the 6y.o. ripped the blanket out of her hand! Now they’re shoving each other! Who will drive Mommy up the wall first? This is going to be a photo finish, folks!)
Despite my ongoing efforts to improve, I am consistently horrible at doing the kind of strategic grocery shopping that actually lasts for more than a few days at a time. I do, however, usually manage to keep a number of staples on hand as go-to foods for when I’m starving and thinking about attacking the peanut butter jar with a spoon: raw almonds, turkey, nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I add Splenda to this), lowfat string cheese, baby carrots, hummus, sugar free popsicles.
If it’s there, I will eat it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually, those cookies will be IN MY MOUTH. So, for the most part, I try not to buy junk food. My kids don’t need it, I don’t need it, it doesn’t need to be in my kitchen. Now, there are definitely exceptions to this rule, such as last weekend when all of us, ate our own weight in Doritos, but I’m saying in GENERAL.
I JUST SERIOUSLY WANT A GYROS.....OR......FRIED VEGGIES!!!!!!!!

No comments: