Tuesday, September 15, 2009

SOULD I STAND ON MY HEAD

My theory is that perhaps if I stood on my head I would be able to see things in a different light.

Being a mom is tough. There are days I lie in bed trying to decide if it is really worth it. As a mom we have the toughest job around. While I was sitting on the porch this evening watching my children run around the yard it came to me. I do this, not because I have to, but because these children are the most important part of who I am. They are the reason I get up in the morning and continue on.
There are days I wondered if this was all really worth it. Did I do the right thing? Am I still doing the right thing? I question every move I do, whereas before I had children I never really questioned any of it. The answer is simple, I do what I have to do. I have to do what is best for my children.

My new outlook is this: Life is too short to second guess my decisions and too short to sit on my ass all day feeling like a failure due to some bad decisions that for the most was nothing worth crying over. Yesterday is over, today is a new beginning and tomorrow is something to look forward to!

No comments: